How to Become
A CHRISTIAN ANARCHIST
I want to assure you that I'm perfectly sane.
I'm just like you.
I had the same kind of education you had.
I was told that "anarchists" were
I wholeheartedly oppose everything you and I were taught that "anarchists" stand for.
Please let me back up five claims that will cause you to question everything you were taught about "anarchists."
Then I'd like to sell you on a home-study course that will produce the most profound, beneficial, and lasting personal transformation of your entire life. You will become a better Christian, more like Jesus, and begin fulfilling God's divine purpose for your life. If you complete our home study assignments, you will agree that becoming a Christian anarchist was the best decision you ever made in your entire life or we will double your money back.
Where else you can go on this page:
Here are the five things you've never thought about:
1. First, a definition: The word "anarchist" literally means "not an archist."
But what's an archist?
2. An "archist" is someone
It turns out that "archists" are the ones who
"Archist" defined here.
3. Jesus prohibits His followers from being archists,
4. a true an-archist is an admirable person.
5. The world would be a better place without archists.
Archists commit more evil acts than so-called "anarchists" by orders of magnitude.
Archists in the 20th century were responsible for
. . . unless you decide not to be one of them;
The world would be a better place without archists.
The astonishing fact is, the evils we have been trained to attribute to so-called "anarchists" are the work of archists, and we give archists our permission to commit immense evil in order to protect us from so-called "anarchists."
Jesus would have us understand that "archists" are the ones who drop the most bombs, assassinate the most people, confiscate or destroy the most private property, create economic chaos and social instability, overthrow other governments, and are at war with God's Law -- all because archists want to be their own gods, and impose their will on others by force.
Americans like you overlook staggering amounts of evil every time they enter a voting booth. And when they give their permission to archists in Washington D.C., they lose their power to counteract aggression at home, in schools, at work, even in churches. See this chart.
Those small numbers who riot and throw bricks through storefront windows are not really anarchists, they are archists-in-training. They are wanna-be archists.
The evil caused by so-called "anarchists" is pitiful and insignificant compared to the systematic, institutionalized global destruction and tax-funded immorality wrought by real professional archists.
The deception, destruction, and danger of archists is staggering. And yet we trust them to protect us against so-called (but false) "anarchists" and their puny little threat to life, liberty, and property.
Now, the challenge:
You cannot consistently and faithfully serve Jesus Christ and be an archist.
Anarchism is the heart and soul of Christian ethics.
This website sells a home-study course guaranteed to transform you into a Christian Anarchist. If you complete this program, you will have experienced the most profound, lasting, and beneficial personal transformation of your entire life, or your money back.
A summary of our daily program:
If you're not a Christian, you should become a Christian even if that means being imprisoned or executed by "archists." If you're not a Christian, you'll soon learn how you've been lied to about both "anarchists" and "Christians."
The "Establishment" doesn't want you to become a true anarchist or a true Christian.
On this website:
This page is over 365k in size. It has over 500 links to pages that each have a dozen or more trusted resources. All the links are free. You can start becoming a Christian Anarchist right now, on your own, no charge. Enrolling in our paid program will turbo-charge your personal growth with individual guidance, accountability, and support.
Benefits of Becoming a Christian Anarchist
The Marketing Department has told me to
|I told The Marketing Dept. that nobody who comes to a website like this would fall for any of that.
Quite the contrary, by becoming a follower of Christ the executed anarchist, you may lose everything. In our day the "Bill of Rights" means nothing. You may become the object of government surveillance. The FBI or other government intelligence agencies may open a dossier on you and members of your family. Your participation and public affiliation with an "anarchist" website may lead to IRS harassment in the form of an audit or other legal inconveniences. You may be deemed an "enemy combatant." If your job required you to take an oath or sign a statement indicating your support of the U.S. Constitution, you may lose your job because you visit "anarchist" websites. Your house or place of business may be searched and your assets "forfeited." You may become targeted for assassination by one of 30,000 drones over U.S. skies. We cannot be responsible for these eventualities. You have to make the decision: will you be approved by the government, or will you be approved by God?
The Bible promises that if you meditate on God's Commandments (the basis for the anarchist character traits you will be gaining in our program) you will prosper:
Only be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go. This book of the Law shall not depart out of thy mouth: but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
Click here for more promises.
America is a unique "laboratory experiment" that proves the benefits of Christian Anarchism. Imagine a political spectrum with "Christian Anarchism" on one side:
Just like America, you may become prosperous and admired as employers, clients, or others see your non-archist character. Conversely, just like America, you may become bankrupt and despised as you become less anarchist and more archist.
|Extreme||Middle of the Road||Extreme|
|A B C D E F G H I J K L||M||N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
|Theocracy: "Liberty Under God"||Lukewarm||Atheism|
Just as iron sharpens iron, friends sharpen the minds of each other.
Even if you don't become a Christian Anarchist, going through our program will be a mind-expanding discipline.
There is further benefit in the daily study of the Bible.
Now these were more noble than those in Thessalonica,
George Washington, who struggled with archism, yearned for liberty and studied the Bible an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening.
A final benefit: Jesus will not vomit you out of His mouth if you become an anarchist and repudiate the imposing of your will on others by force. Jesus said we must be "extremists." There is no "moderate" or "neutrality" on this issue.
|The idea that "anarchists" are the bad guys and those who oppose anarchists (logically, "archists") are the good guys is
You are a victim of educational malpractice.
Are you an Archist?
You are an "archist" if
You are also an "archist" if you "vote" for "The Candidate"
The initiation of "force" includes:
The myth that archists are the good guys pervades every area of our lives.
And most of us end up thinking, If "they" can use force to accomplish their public goals, why can't I use force to accomplish my private goals?
It isn't just "criminals" who think that way. "White-collar" criminals think the same way. Voters think the same way. Breaking that myth ("anarchists = bad; archists = good") will transform you, no matter who you are, or what you do in life:
We have all been infected -- to one degree or another -- by the idea that it's OK to impose our will on others by force.
For Candidates and Politicians, Bureaucrats and Tyrants, the "initiation of force" usually takes the form of
This is what "archists" do.
An "archist" is someone who believes he has a right to
Seeing through the anti-anarchist propaganda of the government-controlled media will transform every area of your life. You will be amazed.
Still to come on this page:
Who is the Greatest Threat to Life, Liberty and Property?
Why Archists Ban the Bible from Public Schools
Famous Archists in History:
You'll recognize one of those archists above as Adolph Hitler.
Hitler did not kill six million Jews.
Name one Jew whom you can prove Hitler killed.
Six million Jews were killed by
six million Germans
who chose to wear a silly uniform, walk a silly goose-step, and follow the orders of a beyond-silly, pathologically evil man.
These Germans were archists. They were "ordinary people." Just like you.
If you don't take immediate steps to become an anarchist, then by default you'll be an archist. Plus, you'll be unable to resist the temptations, the bribes, the pressure and the threats by archists to become an archist. You'll become an archist just like those rows and rows of "good" Germans above. They are just like you. You are just like them. "Sensible." "Rational." "Practical."
You might be saying, "Sure, there are bad archists. But aren't there good archists? And aren't there bad anarchists?"
No. And No.
These are not anarchists. They are vandals. They are archists.
This kind of "anarchy" is multi-archy. Lots of archists.
Who is the Greatest Threat to
Organized "government" claims to protect us from "criminals" who might steal from us or kill us.
"Archists" around the world have confiscated trillions of dollars in private property in recent years, have murdered hundreds of millions of human beings, and have deprived billions -- literally -- of human beings of liberty. And much of this has been funded or protected by the productivity of Americans like you. "Your tax dollars at work."
Name one "anarchist" who built a concentration camp, or bombed an entire metropolis "back to the Stone Age." More governments have been overthrown by other governments than by "anarchists."
In the 20th century, organized "governments" intentionally killed an average of 10,000 human beings each and every single day. (That figure does not include abortions, which occur today an average of 135,000 times per day around the world.) Our program will prove to you that "the government" is the greatest force for crime and evil on the planet.
Now, do you really want to be an archist?
|If you do not want to be an archist, then you want to be an "an-archist" -- "not an archist."
You might be saying,
Answer: From the Bible.
I try to get everything from the Bible.
In the Gospel of Mark, chapter 10, Jesus discovers His disciples arguing about who is going to be the "greatest" in the Kingdom of God.
They didn't understand that Jesus' Kingdom was quite unlike the kingdoms of the world.
The word translated "rulers" comes from the Greek word from which we derive our English word "anarchist."
"Lords," "rulers" and "great ones" are "archists."
Jesus clearly says His followers are not to be "archists." They are to be "servants."
(If you are a secular libertarian and you don't like my public use of the Bible, consider the impact on your life and on the rest of the world if I could persuade 200 million self-professing "Christians" in America to become non-archists, eschew the use of government force to "Christianize America," and to stop giving their money to archists and to use their money in more Christian ways.)
You may have heard the saying, "Power corrupts." The man who wrote this, Lord Acton, was a Christian anarchist. (Or pretty close.)(We think he would be if he were here today.) Most people who have heard that "power corrupts" have not heard the rest of the paragraph. Compare what Lord Acton said with what Jesus said:
Why does power corrupt? Because "power" -- being a legal "archist" -- is a license to do harm to others without doing any time. With no consequences, there is no reason not to be an archist. From being an archist over one's neighbor, it becomes easier to become an archist over millions.
"Great" men want this power.
The Biggest Government Lie of All Time is that "anarchists" are bad, while those who oppose "anarchists" are good.
Logically, those who oppose "anarchists" must be "archists."
The mind-boggling reality is, "archists" are the bad guys, and Jesus commanded His followers not to be archists.
The True Christian is not an "archist."
If you want to be a Christian (a follower of Jesus Christ), then you do not want to be an archist.
Jesus told His disciples not to be archists.
You are not a consistent, faithful Christian if you are an archist.
(Obviously I believe that repetition is the best teacher. So do the media. But I haven't had access to you for the most recent decades of your life, so I'm making up for it now.)
Thomas Jefferson, despite his criticisms of clergy and ecclesiastical corruption, would want to be remembered as one who lived and encouraged a life of virtue and morality. He would not take credit for the army of people who champion "separation of church and state" as a cloak for selfish immorality and a lack of virtue.
Speaking of "the widespread denunciation of him by his political opponents as an anti-Christian infidel or atheist," Foote observes,
This is because good character, which is the embodiment of religion and morality, was essential to liberty and a free Republic. If everyone thinks he is his own god, and can steal, enslave, or kill anyone who stands in his way, you cannot have ordered liberty. People of bad character will clamor for a strong government to take vengeance against other people of bad character. Soon you have totalitarianism and lawlessness.
Read the Founders on the connection between morality and liberty here.
The Christian Anarchist Case Against "National Defense"
Christian Anarchists as Unpatriotic Collaborators
Listen to Audio
Christian Anarchists are pacifists. They reject the initiation of force, as well as vengeance (retaliation). The Bible prohibits "National Defense."
13 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except by God, and those that exist are put in place by God. 2 So then, the one who resists authority resists the ordinance which is from God, and those who resist will receive condemnation on themselves. 3 For rulers are not a cause of terror for a good deed, but for bad conduct. So do you want not to be afraid of authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from it, 4 for it is God’s servant to you for what is good. But if you do what is bad, be afraid, because it does not bear the sword to no purpose. For it is God’s servant, the one who avenges for punishment on the one who does what is bad. 5 Therefore it is necessary to be in subjection, not only because of wrath but also because of conscience. 6 For because of this you also pay taxes, for they are servants of God, busily engaged in this very thing. 7 Pay to everyone what is owed: pay taxes to whom taxes are due; pay customs duties to whom customs duties are due; pay respect to whom respect is due; pay honor to whom honor is due.
3 Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,
1 Peter 2:13-17
13 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme; 14 Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.
15 For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men: 16 As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.
17 Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.
- Anarcho-Pacifist Apologetics in Peter's First EpistleSocial Apologetics A Theonomic Critique of Logic Apologetics Without Aristotle Benjamin Rush Quote On Building the Kingdom
- Listen to Audio
Being "subject" is not something Americans are very good at.
King James Version (KJV)
52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.
New King James Version (NKJV)
15 Then the Pharisees went and plotted how they might entangle Him in His talk. 16 And they sent to Him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, “Teacher, we know that You are true, and teach the way of God in truth; nor do You care about anyone, for You do not regard the person of men. 17 Tell us, therefore, what do You think? Is it lawful to pay taxes to Caesar, or not?”
18 But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, “Why do you test Me, you hypocrites? 19 Show Me the tax money.”
So they brought Him a denarius.
20 And He said to them, “Whose image and inscription is this?”
21 They said to Him, “Caesar’s.”
And He said to them, “Render therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.” 22 When they had heard these words, they marveled, and left Him and went their way.
Render Unto Caesar - R.J. Rushdoony
Jesus on Paying Taxes to Caesar
During this time many Jews were locked in conflict with Roman authorities. Many wanted to establish a theocracy as an ideal Jewish state and for them any Gentile ruler over Israel was an abomination before God. Paying taxes to such a ruler effectively denied God’s sovereignty over the nation. Jesus couldn’t afford to reject this position.
On the other hand, the Roman leaders were very touchy about anything that looked like resistance to their rule. They could be very tolerant of various religions and cultures, but only so long as they accepted Roman authority. If Jesus denied the validity of paying taxes, then he could be turned over to the Romans as someone encouraging rebellion (the Herodians were servants of Rome).
Rome invaded and conquered Israel a few years before Christ was born.
Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
41 And if anyone forces[a] you to go one mile, go with him two.
a. Matthew 5:41 Roman soldiers could require people to carry loads for them.
Reformation Study Bible
5:41 if anyone forces you. The possibility of a Roman soldier coercing a person to serve as a guide or burden carrier was real. Even if compelled by force to do something for someone, one can demonstrate freedom by volunteering more than was demanded rather than begrudging the service.
Generously provided by Ligonier Ministries
Some give this sense of it: The Jews taught that the disciples of the wise, and the students of the law, were not to be pressed, as others might, by the king’s officers, to travel upon the public service; but Christ will not have his disciples to insist upon this privilege, but to comply rather than offend the government.
The IVP New Testament Commentary Series
Love Even Your Oppressors (5:41)
Here Matthew probably means submission to a Roman soldier's demands. Because tax revenues did not cover all the Roman army's needs, soldiers could requisition what they required (N. Lewis 1983:172-73; Rapske 1994:14). Romans could legally demand local inhabitants to provide forced labor if they wanted (as in Mt 27:32) and were known to abuse this privilege (for example, Apul. Metam.9.39). Yet "going the extra mile" represents not only submitting to unjust demands but actually exceeding them—showing our oppressors that we love them and take no offense, although our associates may wrongly view this love as collaboration with an enemy occupation. The truth of this passage is a life-and-death matter for many believers.
Such courageous love is not easy to come by and is easily stifled by patriotism. To take but one example that challenges my own culture, many white U.S. citizens may wish to rethink the patriotic lens through which they view the American colonies' revolt against Britain in the 1770s-did they really have grounds for secession of which Jesus would have approved if they had been his disciples? Past oppression is also easily recalled. British Christians might consider their feelings for Germans; Korean and Chinese Christians, for the Japanese. In some form the principle can apply to most national, racial and cultural groups. While early Christians responded to their persecutors with defiant love (a humility the persecutors often viewed as arrogance), many politically zealous Christians in the United States guard their rights so fiercely that they are easily given to anger (which opponents also view as arrogance).
Rather, Jesus' teaching does mean that we depend on God rather than on human weapons, although God may sovereignly raise up human weapons to fight the oppressors. If we value justice and compassion for persons rather than merely utopian idealism, we must also calculate the human cost of opposing various degrees of injustice. In first-century Palestine, few "safe" vehicles existed for nonviolent social protest against the Romans; Romans viewed most public protest as linked with revolution, and punished it accordingly. In a society like ours where Christian egalitarianism has helped shape conceptions of justice, nonviolent protest stands a much better chance of working. Neither violent revolutionaries (whose cause may be more just than their methods) nor the well-fed who complacently ignore the rest of the world's pain (and whose cause is merely personal advancement) may embrace Jesus without either distorting him or transforming themselves in the process.
Yet Jesus' own life explains the meekness he prescribes. When the time appointed by his Father arrived, Jesus allowed people to crucify him, trusting his Father's coming vindication to raise him from the dead (Mt 17:11; 20:18-19). He was too meek to cry out or bruise a reed until the time would come to bring "justice to victory" (12:19-20). Yet he proclaimed justice (12:18), openly denounced the unjust (23:13-36) and actively, even somewhat "violently," protested unrighteousness although he knew what it would cost him (21:12-13). Jesus was meek (11:29), but he was not a wimp. He called his disciples to be both harmless as doves and wise as serpents (10:16)-in short, to be ruled by the law of love (22:39). Love of neighbor not only does no harm to a neighbor but bids us place ourselves in harm's way to protect our neighbor.
IVP New Testament Commentaries are made available by the generosity of InterVarsity Press.
Zealots and Sicarii - The "Second Amendment" crowd of first century Israel.
If the Bible prohibits violence against those who are in authority over you, how can you justify using violence against these very same people when they are in the process of putting themselves in authority over you -- by invading your nation and conquering it?
If Christian ethics prohibits you from "standing up for your rights" against "the powers that be" (using violence), why do you think you would be permitted to "stand up for your rights" against "the powers that wanna be?" Against those same powers when they are becoming "the powers that be?"
Answer: you are not permitted to use violence against invading powers.
God sent the invaders.
God "Ordains" Evil: A collection of dozens of Biblical references to God sending "the sword" as a judgment against evil nations. This is the Old Testament background of Romans 13.
Governments are evil (sinful; violations of God's Commandments against theft, murder, enslavement, vengeance).
God "ordains" evil, sinful governments, commissioning them to violate His Commandments as a judgment against evil doers, stealing from those evil doers, depriving them of life and liberty, "serving" God as an instrument of God's vengeance.
It's not your business who the "powers" are. God puts them in place, and changes them whenever He wants.
Of course, if "the powers that be" invite your opinion of them ("voting," "referendum," "town hall," etc.) take advantage of the opportunity to speak the truth, and invite them to repent of their confiscation of property, murder, deprivation of liberty, and vengeance.
And of course, if "the powers that be" order you to sin against God, "We must obey God rather than man." (Acts 5:29). In other words, it's a sin to disobey a direct command from God, but it's not a sin to be a victim of governments that disobey direct commands of God (by stealing, murdering, kidnapping, taking vengeance, and everything else the State does routinely). Most Christian teachers fail to make this elementary distinction.
English Standard Version (ESV)
32 But recall the former days when, after you were enlightened, you endured a hard struggle with sufferings, 33 sometimes being publicly exposed to reproach and affliction, and sometimes being partners with those so treated. 34 For you had compassion on those in prison, and you joyfully accepted the plundering of your property, since you knew that you yourselves had a better possession and an abiding one.
They were afflicted in their estates, by the spoiling of their goods, by fines and forfeitures.
7 And seek the peace of the city whither I have caused you to be carried away captives, and pray unto the Lord for it: for in the peace thereof shall ye have peace.
1 Timothy 2:1-2
1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
27 In the beginning of the reign of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah king of Judah came this word unto Jeremiah from the Lord, saying,
2 Thus saith the Lord to me; Make thee bonds and yokes, and put them upon thy neck,
8 And it shall come to pass, that the nation and kingdom which will not serve the same Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon, and that will not put their neck under the yoke of the king of Babylon, that nation will I punish, saith the Lord, with the sword, and with the famine, and with the pestilence, until I have consumed them by his hand.
9 Therefore hearken not ye to your prophets, nor to your diviners, nor to your dreamers, nor to your enchanters, nor to your sorcerers, which speak unto you, saying, Ye shall not serve the king of Babylon:
10 For they prophesy a lie unto you, to remove you far from your land; and that I should drive you out, and ye should perish.
11 But the nations that bring their neck under the yoke of the king of Babylon, and serve him, those will I let remain still in their own land, saith the Lord; and they shall till it, and dwell therein.
"National Defense" is the attempt to avoid "bringing your neck under the yoke of the king of Babylon." Or China.
"National Defense" is a very expensive lie.
"National Defense" is not Biblical. It is Humanist. It is socialist. It is fascist.
Nebuchadnezzar was very unjust and barbarous in invading the rights and liberties of his neighbours thus, and forcing them into a subjection to him; yet God had just and holy ends in permitting him to do so, to punish these nations for their idolatry and gross immoralities. Those that would not serve the God that made them were justly made to serve their enemies that sought to ruin them. [Jeremiah] shows them the vanity of all the hopes they fed themselves with, that they should preserve their liberties,
Those that will bend shall not break. Perhaps the dominion of the king of Babylon may bear no harder upon them than that of their own kings had done. It is often more a point of honour than true wisdom to prefer liberty before life
Old Testament "Holy Wars" are not a valid basis for "National Defense" in New Testament times. They were offensive, not defensive, and ceremonial, fulfilled in Christ.
- Holy War: Ceremonial Atonement by Destruction
- No "Holy Wars" in Our Day
- Humanist Holy War
- Holy War: National Capital Punishment
- Capital Punishment: A Ceremonial Shedding of Blood
"National Defense" really means "Government Defense," that is, not the defense and protection of the American People, but the perpetuation of the power of Washington D.C. insiders. Google "Continuity of Government"
Education, Early American Style
The reason public schools (or "common schools") were formed was to teach everyone -- not just priests or princes -- the Bible.
America's Founding Fathers believed that the primary purpose of public schools was to teach religion and morality as found in the Bible. [Find out more.]
Some people say that teaching the Bible in public schools violates "the separation of church and state." But a Christian anarchist doesn't believe in "the separation of church and state." The Christian anarchist believes in "the abolition of church and state."
In a non-archist society, parents have freedom to send their children to schools that reflect the religion and morality that parents believe will make their children successful.
Secular Archists have banned the Bible and the religion and morality of Christ from public schools.
No surprise there. The Bible is anti-archist. Christ was and is a threat to "the Establishment."
Secular Archists have even banned everything that even reminds us of our Biblical heritage.
You went to a school where the Declaration of Independence was banned. Not as an archaic, irrelevant historical artifact, but as truth.
The U.S. Federal Government prohibits a school teacher in a government-run school from teaching students that the Declaration of Independence really is true.
- that there really is a God, and His existence is a "self-evident truth"
- that our rights really are the product of the intelligent design of our Creator
(not a gift from the government)
- that all Americans really are obligated to conform their lives to
"the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God"
- that one day our actions really must pass judgment with
"the Supreme Judge of the world"
- that all Americans should have "a firm reliance on
the Protection of Divine Providence."
- that Americans have a duty -- not just a right
-- to abolish any government
that becomes a tyranny.
That's what America's Birth Certificate -- the Declaration of Independence -- says.
None of these things can be taught as truth in a school controlled by the government of the United States. They can only be taught as irrelevant historical artifacts from a generation that is supposedly less literate and less reasonable than we are today.
You have been systematically deprived of the three things that every single person who signed the Constitution would say are a necessary part of a basic American education. These three things are specifically mentioned in America's Organic Law. But you were never taught that America's Organic Law consists of the most fundamental charters of America's government. Now that you know what the "Organic Law" is, you still don't know what fundamental documents it contains. Article III of one of them says this:
Religion, morality, and knowledge being necessary to good government and the happiness of mankind, schools and the means of education shall forever be encouraged. The utmost good faith shall always be observed towards the Indians; their lands and property shall never be taken from them without their consent . . . .
The Organic Law of America not only recognizes our dependence on and duty towards God, but specifies where we should learn about our Creator (religion), the rights with which He has endowed us, and our duties toward Him and our fellow man (morality).
Today, our schools and government are "secular" (atheistic) and confiscating property from others without their consent -- armed robbery -- is the heart and soul of our vast "entitlement" social programs. You were cheated out of an education which began with "Thou shalt not steal" and "Thou shalt not kill."
The Christian Religion and Christian morality were to be taught in public schools.
Even though Justice Douglas concurred in Engel v. Vitale, the case which removed Christianity from public schools in the early 1960's, he was honest enough to admit that
Religion was once deemed to be a function of the public school system.
Justice Douglas then quoted the Article above. Then he proceeded to ignore the law he swore to uphold, and removed "religion and morality" from public schools.
Soon after that, knowledge was removed from public schools, because when some kids have knowledge, that hurts the "self-esteem" of those who don't. Away with grades, away with knowledge! America's youth no longer score #1 on international tests.
The average teenager in 1776 knew more about what it means to be a great American, a great Christian, and a great Human Being than you do. Transport the average teenager from 1776 to our time and that teenager could figure out how to use your iPhone, your TV remote control, and drive your SUV in a matter of days, but it would take you months, maybe years, to learn as much about geography, morality, history, religion, political science, virtue, and develop the habits of character which the average American possessed in 1776. Most of today's Americans under the age of 50 are functionally illiterate.
Reading the Bible is the first step in our year-long program to impose a colonial American education on you. If you already know how to read and write, the Internet now makes it possible for you to experience the same childhood education that George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Samuel Adams, and John Hancock experienced. Their education made it inevitable that they would abolish the government -- a government which they described as a "tyranny."
In his Farewell Address, Washington reminded the nation:Religion is a public, not just a private matter. You can't be a good American citizen if you ignore Christianity. Atheism is contrary to reason.
Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion, and Morality are indispensable supports.—In vain would that man claim the tribute of Patriotism, who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness, these firmest props of the duties of Men and Citizens. —The mere Politician, equally with the pious man, ought to respect and to cherish them.—A volume could not trace all their connexions with private and public felicity.—Let it simply be asked where is the security for property, for reputation, for life, if the sense of religious obligation desert the oaths, which are the instruments of investigation in Courts of Justice? And let us with caution indulge the supposition, that morality can be maintained without religion.—Whatever may be conceded to the influence of refined education on minds of peculiar structure—reason and experience both forbid us to expect, that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle.—
Sam Adams said,
[N]either the wisest constitution nor the wisest laws will secure the liberty and happiness of a people whose manners are universally corrupt.
His cousin, John Adams, said:
[W]e have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. . . . Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
[I]t is religion and morality alone which can establish the principles upon which freedom can securely stand. The only foundation of a free constitution is pure virtue.
Sam Adams wrote to his cousin John:
Let divines and philosophers, statesmen and patriots, unite their endeavors to renovate the age, by impressing the minds of men with the importance of educating their little boys and girls, of inculcating in the minds of youth the fear and love of the Deity. . . and, in subordination to these great principles, the love of their country. . . . In short, of leading them in the study and practice of the exalted virtues of the Christian system.
1790 Letter to John Adams,
who wrote back: "You and I agree."
Four Letters: Being an Interesting Correspondence Between Those Eminently Distinguished Characters, John Adams, Late President of the United States; and Samuel Adams, Late Governor of Massachusetts. On the Important Subject of Government
(Boston: Adams and Rhoades, 1802) pp. 9-10
This is exactly what our year-long Coaching Program will do for you. You can compensate for what the federal government denied you as a little boy or girl by enrolling in the year-long program.
Healing Our World
In addition to the Bible, we're going to read an excellent book on how Christian Anarchism can be made practical in our "modern" world.
The book is called Healing Our World in an Age of Aggression. It could just as easily have been entitled, Healing Our World in an Age of Archism.
It makes a practical application of Christ's teaching:
- Luke 10:25-29
- 25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted Him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
- 26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
- 27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
- 28 And He said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.
- 29 But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour?
Here is a summary of the book's contents (or skip to the Vine & Fig Tree Vision):
Chapter 1: The Good Neighbor Policy
- As children, we learned that if no one hits first, no fight is possible.
- Therefore, refraining from “first-strike” force, theft, or fraud, is the first step in creating peace.
- The second step is compensating others for any damage that we do.
- These two steps, honoring our neighbor’s choice and righting our wrongs, constitute the Good Neighbor Policy or the practice of nonaggression.
- Peace and prosperity are only possible when we are Good Neighbors.
- We can abandon the Good Neighbor Policy without even realizing it when directed to do so by an authority figure (archist).
- When we take from our neighbors what they won’t voluntarily give — at gunpoint, if necessary — we call it theft. When majorities take from minorities what they won’t voluntarily give — at gunpoint, if necessary — we call it taxation.
- Perhaps we don’t have peace in the world because we’ve abandoned the Good Neighbor Policy without even realizing it.
Chapter 2: Wealth Is Unlimited!
- Wealth consists of goods and services. Money is only a claim check on existing wealth. (What is money?)
- Using resources in new and more productive ways creates wealth.
- Since creativity is unbounded, so is wealth.
- Countries that practice the Good Neighbor Policy create more wealth than those that don’t.
- The poverty of ancient times was largely due to violations of the Good Neighbor Policy, especially aggression by governments.
- The poor are harmed most by aggression and prosper most under the Good Neighbor Policy.
- The United States is the wealthiest country on earth because it practiced the Good Neighbor Policy for the longest time.
- By studying U.S. history, we can learn how a country can create great wealth and how it can lose that wealth by abandoning the Good Neighbor Policy.
Chapter 3: Destroying Jobs
- In the marketplace ecosystem (also known as the free market), people with different skills find their job niche, just as different species find their niche in the environment.
- The marketplace is self-regulation and usually functions quite well without our interference.
- Attempts to correct marketplace imperfections with aggression do far more harm than good by destroying the jobs through which wealth is created.
- Immigrants to the United States in the 1800s overcame prejudice by offering employers a greater share of the jointly created wealth. Young Americans sometimes use the same technique to get that all-important first job.
- Almost everyone is able to create some wealth, so everyone can find a starting niche. As expertise improves, so do job opportunities.
- Wage controls intended to help disadvantaged people backfire by destroying their jobs. Instead of low wages, they end up with no wages at all!
- Because poverty is caused by lack of wages, rather than low wages, wage controls increase its incidence, especially for blacks and other disadvantaged groups.
- The marketplace ecosystem slowly but surely dissolves prejudice by rewarding with higher profits those employers who hire workers solely according to their productivity.
- After the Civil War, white landowners tried to pay blacks “slave wages.” Because the marketplace penalized such employers, many paid blacks more than they otherwise would. Prejudice was slowly but surely eroded by this natural process.
Chapter 4: Eliminating Small Businesses
- Self-employment provides another option for employees who are dissatisfied with their working conditions.
- Businesses that please their customers are rewarded by profit. Those that don’t please their customers suffer loss.
- Licensing laws stop entrepreneurs -- at gunpoint, if necessary -- from providing service to willing customers.
- Many licensing requirements have nothing to do with safety, because they are intended to keep the disadvantaged from competing with established workers. The poor have a difficult time climbing the Ladder of Affluence because wage controls keep them from being hired and licensing laws keep them from establishing their own businesses.
- Most people who get a foothold on the Ladder of Affluence are able to climb it. Indeed, someone on the lowest rung is just as likely to advance to the top as to stay at the bottom.
- Licensing laws impoverish all of us because the cost of enforcing them, lobbying for them, and supporting those who are forbidden to create wealth greatly shrinks the Wealth Pie. We get less than we otherwise would, even if our Piece is larger than that of our neighbors.
- Most poverty today is caused by licensing laws that inhibit the creation of wealth. Getting a business license, for example, takes hours in Hong Kong, weeks in New York City, and years in India. The gap between rich and poor is wider in nations with the most regulation.
- The damage done by licensing laws can be reversed. Every time we retire one regulator, we create more than 150 private sector jobs!
Chapter 5: Harming Our Health
- Licensing laws designed to protect consumers actually cause harm. The number of service providers goes down, and prices go up. People either do without the service or try to provide it themselves.
- Consequently, states with stricter licensing laws for electricians have more accidental electrocutions; states with the most requirements for optometrists have more blindness; states with the most restrictive licensing for dentists have poorer oral hygiene.
- Likewise, licensing for medical doctors creates physician shortage and overwork, as well as higher prices. Innovation, especially in nutrition and alternative specialties, is compromised both by licensing and by use of taxes for funding research. Our nation’s health suffers as a result.
- The higher income that practitioners gain from licensing laws is more than offset when those unable to afford the higher prices demand tax-supported care.
- Certification provides a better way to insure quality while honoring the choice of each consumer (e.g., electrical equipment certification by Underwriters Laboratories [UL]).
Chapter 6: Protecting Ourselves to Death
- If a loved one were dying, we’d never snatch lifesaving drugs from their grasp. Yet, we unwittingly do just that with FDA “consumer protection” regulation.
- The FDA’s mandate to approve only drugs that are completely safe and effective can be fulfilled only by approving no drugs at all. Because the FDA is unfairly blamed when drugs affect some people adversely, it drags out the approval process.
- Consequently, drug development time and cost has increased five-fold since the early 1960s without any improvement in either efficacy or safety. We pay five times as much for drugs as we should!
- The true cost, however, is measured in lives, as tens of thousands of people die waiting for the FDA to approve breakthrough drugs.
- The FDA limits the information that drug companies can share with doctors and consumers. Consequently, 10,000-100,000 Americans died needlessly from heart disease each year because aspirin makers couldn’t advertise aspirin’s role in prevention; 25,000 children were born with preventable deformities because vitamin sellers weren’t permitted to advertise folic acid’s protective effects.
- The biggest cost of regulation, however, is the stifling of innovation that could transform life-threatening diseases (e.g., infection) into a mild inconvenience.
- Innovation lowers the cost of health care dramatically. In the 10 years after its introduction, ulcer medicine slashed the cost of treatment from a $28,000 surgery to $140, a savings of 99.5%!
- When certification replaces aggressive regulations, prices drop, safety improves, and innovation thrives. More treatments become available, lessening the chances that quackery will prevail.
Chapter 7: Creating Monopolies That Control Us
- We create the Pyramid of Power with successive layers of aggression-through-government. Each layer of aggression gives us less choice and higher prices.
- The first layer outlaws some goods and services;
the second layer outlaws all but a single service provider to create a monopoly.
The third layer of aggression forces us to subsidize the monopoly and
the fourth layer forces us to use it.
- Rockefeller gained 90% of the oil refining market with innovations and low prices. The marketplace ecosystem made it impossible for him to raise prices and exploit consumers. However, the aggression of exclusive licensing allowed him to stop some of his strongest competitors.
- Bill Gates, like Rockefeller, gave consumers quality products at low prices. His competitors complained to the U.S. Justice Department instead of wooing their customers back with better service.
- Bell Telephone enjoyed a monopoly for many years because its patents gave it an exclusive monopoly. When the patents expired, Bell’s competitors brought phone service to the masses. When Bell regained its monopoly through exclusive licensing, the rate of phone installations plummeted.
- Deregulation returns control to the consumer. Service providers compete with each other to provide the highest quality, lowest cost service. Everyone wins!
Chapter 8: Destroying the Environment - Audio
- Third-layer aggression forces us to pay subsidies, usually to exclusive monopolies created by second-layer aggression.
- Subsidizing these monopolies, usually government services, increases costs, encourages waste, discourages conservation, and destroys the environment.
- Federal and state lands, which cover over 40% of the United States, are maintained through subsidies. The natural process of homesteading is stopped -- at gunpoint, if necessary.
- Because the bureaucrats who supervise government lands do not profit by caring for them, special interest groups, such as loggers and ranchers are allowed to abuse them.
- When loggers and ranchers are allowed to own the forests and ranges, however, they take better care of the land.
- Similarly, when bureaucrats control our parks, they upset the ecological balance as they did in Yellowstone. Some states even subsidized bounties to kill hawks and other predators.
- Private parks, like Sea Lion Caves and Hawk Mountain Sanctuary, do a better job of protecting wildlife.
- When Ravenna Park was under private ownership, the giant Douglas firs were protected. A few years after the city took over the park, the beautiful trees were all cut down for cordwood.
- Since people protect the environment when they own a piece of it, privatizing our parks would ensure better care. When we end the subsidies that make parks and government monopolies possible, we get better service for lower cost.
- Privatizing government-owned services gives us more for less. Privatizing government-owned lands might even retire the national debt, while protecting our ecological heritage.
Chapter 9: Banking on Aggression
- One example of fourth-layer aggression is the Federal Reserve, an exclusive, subsidized monopoly on currency issue. We are forced to use the Fed’s currency “for all debts, public and private.”
- When banks lend, they expand the money supply, causing inflation. When banks slow lending, the creation of money slows too, causing deflation. By manipulating the money supply, banks can control a nation’s economy.
- For example, the Second Bank of the United States, a precursor of the Fed, tried to create a depression when President Andrew Jackson refused to renew its charter.
- The Federal Reserve is subsidized invisibly by devaluing the currency through expansion of the money supply. Between 1933 and 2000, this “inflation tax” was more than 90% of all newly created wealth.
- People without property, such as the poor and those on fixed incomes, pay most of the inflation tax. At current rates, the inflation tax on retirees will cost them half of their purchasing power over the next 20 years.
- In essence, the inflation tax redistributes wealth from the poor to the rich.
- The Federal Reserve is supposed to protect us from booms and busts. However, highly regulated banking systems, like the Fed, have eight times as many crises as banking systems free from aggression.
- In the past, “free” banks expanded the money supply carefully since they, not the taxpayers, were obligated to make up any shortfalls. Consequently, prices were more stable as money and wealth creation proceeded at approximately the same rate.
- The marketplace is reacting to the inflation tax by creating alternative currencies based on precious metals or work hours.
Chapter 10: Learning Lessons Our Schools Can’t Teach
- The education monopoly is an example of fourth-layer aggression: a subsidized, exclusive monopoly that we are forced to use. Even private and home schools must abide by rules set by the school licensing boards.
- In the early days of the United States, when most education was private and voluntary, Americans were among the most literate nations in the world.
- Modern public schooling, however, has failed our children. Costs are twice that of private schools and test scores are lower. Drugs and violence are more prevalent in public schools as well. If schoolchildren rebel when forced into the one-size-fits all educational mold, they are given potent psychotropic drugs to quiet them. These drugs often have severe side effects, including violent behavior, in children.
- Black and minority children suffer the most in public schools. Consequently, parents will often go to great extremes, such as cutting back on groceries, to give them a private education. Private schools are better integrated than public ones, both in the classroom and in the lunch room.
- Public school teachers and members of the U.S. Congress send their children to private schools more frequently than the rest of the American public.
- Public schools are not legally obligated to teach our children. Private institutions, like Sylvan Learning Centers and Hope Academy, however, guarantee to teach students up to five times faster than public schools!
- A fully privatized educational system would teach our children better for less than half the cost in an environment that was safer and more integrated. Indeed, with Internet, educational cable TV, and advertiser-sponsored programs, even children who didn’t study could hardly help learning the basics!
Chapter 11: Springing the Poverty Trap
- Poverty is caused by unemployment, which usually results from minimum wage and licensing laws.
- By trying to alleviate poverty with tax-supported welfare, we tempt the disadvantaged to accept an aid check instead of a pay check.
- Welfare breaks up the family by encouraging multiple illegitimate births and discouraging marriage.
- By the time young mothers realize that welfare is a dead-end, they are caught in the poverty trap. Entry level jobs don’t pay enough to support her many children, but while she is on welfare, no progress is possible.
- When welfare recipients are required to do community work, more than half get a job and get off the dole.
- In just four years, welfare reform in 1996 slashed black child poverty to the lowest levels ever seen.
- While tax-supported charity doesn’t help the poor, private charitable groups have been incredibly effective in helping the home less, the addicted, the criminal, and the illiterate. The most successful private programs accept little or no tax support. Indeed, their existence is often threatened by regulations imposed by bureaucrats. Even Mother Teresa’s helpers were put out of business in New York!
- An entire mutual aid network that once provided a social safety net for low- and middle-income Americans, survived both World War I and the Great Depression. Regulations, however, destroyed mutual aid.
- The human spirit is so generous that the time and money contributed by Americans exceeds the entire poverty budgets of federal, state, and local governments. Without the aggression-through-government that makes people poor, befriending leadership and charitable donations would be more than sufficient to care for the truly needy.
Chapter 12: By Their Fruits You Shall Know Them
- Freedom from aggression-through-government is the most important determinant of a country’s rate of wealth creation.
- Since modern government can only collect the money it spends through taxation or inflation, government programs start with aggression.
- Consequently, as government spending increases, wealth creation decreases.
- When Sweden increased government spending from 31% to 66% for its social safely net, wealth creation plummeted from 4.9% annually to a mere 0.6%.
- Slowing wealth creation hurts the poor the most. Consequently, aggression-through-government is the poor’s greatest enemy.
- Most poverty in the world today is caused by aggression-through-government. When nations cut back on government spending, they automatically cut back on this aggression.
- The three countries that have slashed government spending in recent years (Ireland, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom) increased their wealth creation dramatically.
- Without aggression, we’d create wealth 3 to 18 times faster!
- When we recognize that we live in a win-win world, we no longer need to choose between our welfare and that of others, between what’s good for the individual and what’s good for society. Instead, we recognize that our mutual welfare rises and falls together.
Chapter 13: The Other Piece of the Puzzle
- Righting our wrongs is the second part of the Good Neighbor Policy.
- TIT FOR TAT is a well-known social strategy that acts very much like the Good Neighbor Policy. In both computer tournaments and diverse situations of strife, it has proven effective in convincing aggressors to become peaceful and cooperative.
- In addition to our own experience as children when we re-created the peace by righting our wrongs, TIT FOR TAT’s record suggests that letting aggressors experience the harm that they have done is the best way to teach them to be Good Neighbors.
- When aggressors make their victims whole again, they experience the harm they have done to others. Restitution through productive work is the most successful rehabilitation known.
- Restitution also deters crime better than imprisonment. Japan has an extensive program of restitution and is the only industrialized nation in the world that has seen a consistent decrease in crime since World War II.
- Full restitution, which would include all the costs of trial and apprehension, would end the aggression of taxation that currently subsidizes these functions.
- When in doubt, erring on the side of forgiveness and contrition is less likely to provoke further aggression.
- When we used licensing laws and regulations in an attempt to stop individual aggressors, we slashed our wealth creation. When we substitute restitution for these laws, we will deter individual aggressors more effectively and increase wealth creation once again.
- Corporate irresponsibility would lessen if aggressors were required to right their wrongs. Forgiveness could only come from victims, not from an arbitrary limitation of liability by government.
Chapter 14: The Pollution Solution
- Righting our wrongs is the ideal pollution solution. Restoring the person or property of another is so costly that it acts as an effective deterrent.
- Government officials are actually penalized if they try to protect the environment. In contrast, if they cause great harm, sovereign immunity protects them from personal liability.
- The Love Canal disaster happened because the Niagara Falls school board disturbed buried chemicals after repeated pleas by Hooker Chemical not to do so. When the chemicals caused skin irritation, Hooker was blamed, but the school board was not.
- Taxpayers had to pick up the bill for relocating residents. Hooker had to clean up the mess that the school board had made.
- When nuclear testing damaged rangeland and more than doubled childhood thyroid cancer in Utah, courts denied compensation to the victims because the U.S. government has sovereign immunity.
- The U.S. military is the greatest polluter in the world, but it rarely cleans up its mess. Sovereign immunity protects it from legal action.
- DDT saved millions of lives by nearly eradicating malaria in the Third World. The DDT ban killed millions of people in developing countries when malaria returned.
- Asbestos removal in schools, as ordered by the EPA, endangered our children by increasing airborne concentrations of this carcinogen for years afterward.
- All polluters, public or private, should compensate their victims.
- Restitution, by deterring pollution, will contribute greatly to environmental protection.
Chapter 15: Dealing in Death
- Although people who rape, steal, and murder are clearly aggressors, people who use alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs peacefully in their own homes are not.
- Alcohol Prohibition failed to stop people from drinking. Organized crime thrived and the murder rate increased two and one-half times.
- The War on Drugs kills more than 10 times as many people as the drugs themselves by increasing homicides from turf wars, AIDS from shared needles, and accidental overdose caused by contaminated drug supplies.
- Because our police spend more time arresting pot smokers than thieves, murderers, rapists, and child molesters, crimes of violence increase when drug enforcement does.
- Mandatory minimum sentences for drug-related crimes have forced overcrowded prisons to release violent felons to prey on the innocent.
- The desperately ill are condemned to unnecessary pain and premature death because some drugs with documented medicinal uses are prohibited.
- Marijuana’s cousin, industrial hemp, may be the real target in the War on Drugs.
- In Amsterdam, where marijuana can be legally purchased, heroin addiction is dropping and pushers have left the schools. Cocaine and marijuana use by Dutch teenagers is only 10-40% of U.S. rates, depending upon age group.
- Even if everyone in the United States took drugs once they were re-legalized, the death toll would still be less than we have today from the War on Drugs.
Chapter 16: Policing Aggression
- Private police cost half as much as public police, yet deliver up to seven times faster response times. Crime drops as much as 95% because of their preventive procedures.
- Private police have no sovereign immunity, are not funded by taxation, and focus on aggressors. Because they themselves are Good Neighbors, they are less likely than government agents to create tragedies like Waco and Ruby Ridge.
- Guns save 400 times more people through self-defense than they accidentally kill.
- In Orlando, Florida, rape plummeted 87% when women were encouraged to train with firearms.
- Homicides dropped 30% and rampage shootings fell 78% when states permitted concealed weapons.
- In Britain and Australia, gun crime increased 40-300% when firearms were banned.
- Under U.S. civil asset forfeiture laws, property can be confiscated on suspicion alone.
- American juries have the right to judge the law as well as the guilt or innocence of the defendant. However, judges often tell juries otherwise.
- If police stopped chasing pot smokers and speeders, they could spend four times as much time apprehending violent criminals.
- Private highways have one-third fewer accidents than the U.S. interstates.
- The poor benefit the most from private justice.
Chapter 17: Healing Our World Is Inevitable
- The Good Neighbor Policy, honoring our neighbor’s choice and righting our wrongs, creates harmony and abundance in our city, state, and nation.
- Becoming Good Neighbors promotes our own individual health and happiness as well.
- Suspiciousness, hostility, cynicism, and blame -- Type A or aggressor behavior -- alter our body’s biochemistry, predisposing us to cardiovascular disease.
- Similarly, Type C or victim behavior -- frustration, helplessness, giving up, and resignation -- predispose us to cancer.
- Much of our society is caught in a destructive A/C loop, alternately becoming victims and aggressors through the guns of government.
- Type S or self-actualized people focus on changing themselves rather than others. They are neither victims nor aggressors and reject aggression-through-government. Type S individuals live longer than Type A or Type C individuals.
- The thoughts that precede aggression estrange us from the rest of humankind, sabotaging the happiness that we hope to gain from our actions.
- Even those who gain money and power through the guns of government eventually recognize that aggression sabotages their own health and happiness and reject it.
- Because our health and happiness depend on our becoming Good Neighbors, we will all abandon aggression one day. Healing our world is virtually inevitable.
Chapter 18: Beacon to the World
- Excessive government regulations and licensing laws greatly limit wealth creation, causing widespread poverty and suffering. Some 50-80% of the people in Third World nations create their wealth illegally.
- Legally owning a home in Third World countries is virtually impossible. For example, in Peru, obtaining legal title to land requires 728 steps. Consequently, most houses in poor nations are built without clear or formal title.
- The land and homes of the world’s poor are worth almost $10 trillion, but because they don’t have legal title, they cannot access this equity.
- Most U.S. foreign aid is squandered by Third World despots. Rather than using the money to help the poor or build their economies, they use it to increase their own wealth, power, and prestige.
- Because bureaucratically managed loan funds are usually wasted, borrowing leaves only crushing debt in Third World Nations.
- High tariffs and import restrictions in developed countries keep poor nations from becoming self-sufficient.
- Trade barriers designed to protect jobs in developed countries backfire to destroy jobs instead.
- The only poor nations that have grown rich in the past few decades are those that have lowered tariffs and increased their trading volume.
- To become wealthy, poor nations need only follow the example of Hong Kong and become Good Neighbors. By getting rid of stifling regulations, formalizing the property of the poor, and ending tariffs and import restrictions, they can go from abject poverty to First World affluence in a few short generations.
Chapter 19: Is Communism Really Dead?
- Communism has killed more than 100 million people in the twentieth century, all in the name of compassion.
- Many people view communism as obsolete, even though it is openly practiced in a variety of countries, including China.
- Communism is simply aggression-through-government taken to its ultimate extreme.
- The communist vision is the whole of humankind sharing like one happy family -- at gunpoint, if necessary.
- Because communists use aggression as their means, poverty results. People who can’t keep the wealth they create don’t create much. Shortages of food and medicine were so common in the Soviet Union that life expectancy there declined while it rose in other nations.
- Communism encourages resentment, hate, and animosity. Psychological development is hindered. The environment is destroyed.
- The Communist Manifesto of 1848 outlines a 10-step plan for converting the developed nations to socialist states. The United States and other Western nations have implemented at least 8 of these 10 planks.
- The real communist threat stems from our belief that aggression serves us. Our military might cannot protect us from ourselves.
- When we recognize that love must precede sharing, we realize that honoring our neighbor’s choice is the first step to implementing the ideals of communism without its horrors.
Chapter 20: Making Our Nation Safe and Secure
- The Communist threat posed by the Soviet Union was a consequence of our domestic aggression (taxation and banking regulations) rippling outward into the world.
- By similar means, Washington D.C. has helped to empower virtually every threat to U.S. national security in the past 50 years, including terrorists Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden.
- U.S. intervention in the Third World often causes a great deal of death and suffering. The result: animosity toward Americans.
- Because of biased reporting, Americans are often unaware of what is done in their name.
- New findings suggest that both Pearl Harbor and the 9/11 attacks were provoked by aggressive U.S. foreign policy.
- Because the military-industrial complex profits from war, it encourages conflict. As President Eisenhower warned us, we need to be vigilant.
- If the 9/11 terrorists wanted to destroy our freedoms, we are playing right into their hands with the USA Patriot Act, secret military tribunals, and torture of suspects.
- By ending foreign aid and the drug war, we can deplete the cash flow to would-be dictators and terrorists.
- Trade turns enemies into allies by increasing the wealth of both nations (e.g., Japan). Trade with every nation may be the best deterrent of all!
- Privatizing defense can be an effective, economical, and innovative alternative to a tax-supported military.
- Good Neighbors make few enemies. In the rare instances when defense becomes necessary, their superior wealth-creating abilities give them a strategic advantage over their adversaries.
Chapter 21: A New Age or a New World Order?
- A world government would resemble the governments of today and thus would most likely be an instrument of aggression.
- The things that we want global government to do (prevent overpopulation, protect endangered species, prevent global warming, create a single global currency, and end war) are best accomplished by simply becoming Good Neighbors.
- As countries grow in wealth, their birthrate declines. Because the Good Neighbor Policy enhances wealth creation, it both destroys poverty and controls population naturally.
- Private ownership of the world’s fauna promotes biodiversity and protection of endangered species on land or in the sea much better than governmental bans on hunting or habitat destruction.
- Global temperature and its measurement are so complex that we can’t be sure that warming is occurring or what might cause it. Even if global warming becomes a problem, restitution would reduce the use of harmful products.
- Multiple currencies provide an important check on inflation by central banks. A single, global currency would give the people who control it more power than any ruling elite has ever known.
- World government is more likely to be a forced union than a voluntary one. Consequently, its consummation will more closely approximate rape than love.
- The Good Neighbor Policy is more effective in creating a world without borders than global government is. Indeed, there are no borders without aggression to erect and maintain them.
Chapter 22: How to Get There from Here
- Although the world seems to be moving away from the Good Neighbor Policy, appearances can be deceiving. In 1750, no one thought nations could survive without monarchs. During the next two centuries, however, much of Europe began dethroning or disempowered their royalty.
- Europe wanted the prosperity of the United States and so voluntarily imitated it. Catalyzing change can sometimes be as easy as setting an example.
- By ending aggression-through-government, we can create a world of universal harmony and abundance. Nothing will reform government as quickly as making elected and appointed officials personally liable for any damage that they do.
- When we are tempted to use taxation or regulation to temporarily relieve suffering caused by aggression, let us remember the devastating impact -- long lines and rationing -- that subsidies have on health care. Trying to solve the problems caused by aggression with more aggression is a cure worse than the disease.
- A number of organizations actively promote the Good Neighbor Policy, usually under the label “libertarian,” from the word “liberty,” as in free from aggression-through-government.
- You can use the research done by these organizations to increase your understanding of the Good Neighbor Policy or become actively involved in its promotion.
- You are the best judge of how your talents can help create a non-aggressive world. No matter how small you think your contribution is, it most likely will have a major impact. Each link in the chain is vital.
- Please accept my gratitude for helping make our world a better place!
What difference does it make?
- By accepting this violence,
- either out of indifference and apathy
- or a calculation that you can get "a piece of the action,"
- you diminish your own humanity.
- You consign yourself with the goats rather than with the sheep.
Q.4: What are you promoting in place of "archism?"
A: The Marketing Dept. has told us to call it "Liberty Under God."
Liberty Under God
“Security” Under Archists
A Christian worldview:
- initiates force against others
- engages in punitive retaliatory vengeance
- does not respect others' rights to private property
In a nutshell:
Liberty Under God
Liberty Under God is the philosophy that made America
the most prosperous and most admired nation in history.
America is now bankrupt and despised even by former admirers
because we have abandoned Liberty Under God
in favor of "Security Under Man"
- By "Liberty" I mean
- Freedom from Archists (burglars, "the Red Coats," etc.)
- By "Under God" I do not mean
- the god of Osama bin Ladin.
I mean the God of Samuel Adams, John Hancock, and America's Founding Fathers:
- I mean Jesus Christ
Q.5: 'Wait a minute . . . by speaking of "Christian Anarchism," aren't you violating the "Separation of Church and State?"'
The Christian Anarchist opposes the modern myth of "separation of church and state." The real meaning of the modern phrase is "the separation of God and State." It no longer refers to "churches," or as Madison often called them, "ecclesiastical bodies." Any government that will not acknowledge itself to be under God is a government that believes it is God.
The Christian Anarchist believes in the abolition of church and state.
- Holy Trinity Church v. United States (1892)
- The United States Supreme Court officially recognizes that America is a Christian nation.
- The Constitution is NOT a "Secular Document"
- Promote Christianity
- The Reason Why America was Founded
- The "Organic Law" - America's Founding Charters
- Public schools should teach that Christianity is necessary for good government and the happiness of mankind
- The Northwest Ordinance
- A foundational charter of American government that recognizes that religion and morality are essential for good government and the happiness of mankind
- "The Laws of Nature and of Nature's God"
- The Bible, the Laws of God
- The Ten Commandments
- "Liberty Under God" Means "Theocracy"
- A Nation "Under God"
- This phrase pervades American history; it was not invented in the 1950's
- "A Firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence"
- It is government's duty "to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God . . . the great Lord and Ruler of Nations"
- The Christian Roots of Education in America
- Why America's Leaders Should be Christians
- The National Duty to Not Be "Secular"
- Religion and Traditional Values: Foundation of a Free Society
- The Blessings of Liberty
- they come from God
- Christianity and Liberty
- America, a Christian Nation - Christ, the Root of Our Liberties
- A City upon a Hill
- Government-Sponsored Prayer
- "Founding Presidents Not Christian"??
- A response to a columnist who repeats the "urban legend" that America's Founding Fathers were not Christian
- The First Amendment
- The Establishment Clause
- Free Exercise of Religion & The First Amendment
- "The Separation of Church and State"
- A look at the prevailing myth
- "True Religion"
- Not all religions are equal
- "In God We Trust"
- Piety and Virtue
- Missouri Farm Bureau - Religious Life
- America the Beautiful
- This beautiful anthem is actually a national prayer
- Micah's Vine & Fig Tree Vision: The American Dream
- William Wilberforce
- Worldview: Your Philosophy of Life
- Giving Thanks to God
- A National Tradition
- Religion & Morality vs. Socialism
- The "Works of Mercy"
- Jill Lepore and the Myth of "the Separation of Church and State"
- Western Civilization is Christian Civilization
- False Religions
- Statism - The Worship of "the State"
- Politics as Salvation
- The State as Messiah
- The Cult of the Omnipotent State
- The State as Priest -- The Myth of "Pluralism"
- America's New religion?
- The Supreme Court's War on God
- Were the Founding Fathers "Deists," "Freethinkers," and "Infidels?"
- No "Freedom of Religion" for Mormons
The modern idea of "Separation of Church and State" is an evil lie. While the modern Supreme Court declares that America is a "secular" nation, for the first 100 years after the Constitution was ratified, the Supreme Court frequently acknowledged that America was a Christian nation. And the more consistently America was Christian, the less archist America was.
On May 2, 1778, George Washington ordered the troops:The Delaware Indian Chiefs came to Washington inquiring how they could leave their world of superstition and poverty, and become more like the Americans. On May 12, 1779, George Washington coached them:
The commander-in-chief directs that divine service be performed every Sunday at eleven o'clock in those brigades [in] which there are chaplains; those which have none [are] to attend the places of worship nearest to them. It is expected that officers of all ranks will by their attendance set an example to their men. While we are zealously performing the duties of good citizens and soldiers, we certainly ought not to be inattentive to the higher duties of religion. To the distinguished character of patriot, it should be our highest glory to add the more distinguished character of Christian. The signal instances of providential goodness which we have experienced, and which have now almost crowned our labors with complete success, demand from us in a peculiar manner the warmest returns of gratitude and piety to the Supreme Author of all good.
— George Washington, General Orders, May 2, 1778 The Writings of George Washington, JC Fitzpatrick, ed., Wash. DC: US Gov't Printing Office, 1932, Vol. XI:342-343.
You do well to wish to learn our arts and ways of life, and above all, the religion of Jesus Christ. These will make you a greater and happier people than you are. Congress will do every thing they can to assist you in this wise intention.
The Writings of George Washington, JC Fitzpatrick, ed., Wash. DC: US Gov't Printing Office, 1932, Vol 15, p.55.
George Washington to New Hampshire Founding Father Meshech Weare, June 8, 1783:I now make it my earnest prayer, that God would have you, and the State over which you preside, in his holy protection, that he would incline the hearts of the Citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to Government, to entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another, for their fellow Citizens of the United States at large, and particularly for their brethren who have served in the Field, and finally, that he would most graciously be pleased to dispose us all, to do Justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that Charity, humility and pacific temper of mind, which were the Characteristicks of the Divine Author of our blessed Religion, and without an humble imitation of whose example in these things, we can never hope to be a happy Nation.
a Circular Letter of Farewell to the Continental Army, containing "my final blessing to that Country, in whose service I have spent the prime of my life."
Inscribed on a bronze tablet adjoining the Washington pew in
St. Paul'schapel in New York City.
Can we know for sure who is the Divine Author of our blessed Religion? Could it have been Muhammed? On July 9, 1812, President James Madison proclaimed a day of prayer,
to be set apart for the devout purposes of rendering the Sovereign of the Universe and the Benefactor of Mankind the public homage due to His holy attributes; of acknowledging the transgressions which might justly provoke the manifestations of His divine displeasure; of seeking His merciful forgiveness and His assistance in the great duties of repentance and amendment, that He would inspire all nations with a love of justice and of concord and with a reverence for the unerring precept of our holy religion to do to others as they would require that others should do to them.
"Our religion" is Christianity.
If I were elected to Congress I would follow James Madison's advice to vote against any bill which does not promote Christianity, the "true religion." In one of his most famous speeches, Madison, the "father of the Constitution," gave his reasons for opposing proposed legislation:Because, the policy of the bill is adverse to the diffusion of the light of Christianity. The first wish of those who enjoy this precious gift, ought to be that it may be imparted to the whole race of mankind. Compare the number of those who have as yet received it with the number still remaining under the dominion of false Religions; and how small is the former! Does the policy of the Bill tend to lessen the disproportion? No; it at once discourages those who are strangers to the light of (revelation) from coming into the Region of it; and countenances, by example the nations who continue in darkness, in shutting out those who might convey it to them. Instead of levelling as far as possible, every obstacle to the victorious progress of truth, the Bill with an ignoble and unchristian timidity would circumscribe it, with a wall of defence, against the encroachments of error.
The Disciples were given a "Great Commission":
And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto Me in heaven and in earth.
Go ye therefore, and make every nation a Christian nation,
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you:
During the first 100 years after the Constitution was ratified, courts -- including the Supreme Court of the United States -- repeated on numerous occasions that America was a Christian nation, including the notable 1892 case of Church of the Holy Trinity vs. United States. Only someone ignorant of the facts or with a secularist agenda would ever say that America was not originally a Christian nation.
But Washington D.C. does not always act consistently with "the Characteristicks of the Divine Author of our blessed Religion" -- to do unto others as you would have them do unto you, and to not be like "the kings of the Gentiles." America has never been 100% consistent with "the religion of Jesus Christ." Of all the political parties, I think the precepts of the True Religion are best reflected by the Pledge required of all members of the Libertarian Party:
- I do not believe in or advocate
the initiation of force
as a means of achieving political or social goals.
- no theft -- even if it's called "taxation" or "revenue enhancement."
- no kidnapping -- even if it's called "conscription" or "imprisonment"
- no murder -- even if it's called a "bold foreign policy" or "capital punishment"
Beyond the initiation of force, the religion of Jesus Christ prohibits the return of force:
- I do not believe in the return of force -- no retaliatory, punitive vengeance
- Returning Force Against Private Force
- Returning Force Against Government Force
- Go the Second Mile
- suffer persecution
- martyr, no revolutionary
- Did Jesus Practice "self-defense?" Yes, but not by armed revolution
- Jesus said, "My Kingdom is not of this world. If it were, My servants would fight to prevent My arrest by the Jews. But actually My Kingdom is not from hence."
- The Myth of "Self-Defense"
- Christians seek to prevent evil from occurring.
- There are ways to defend yourself against aggression;
that is, to prevent an act of aggression from happening.
- Lock the door
- Use a shield
- Run away.
- But once the act of aggression has taken place
and you have been aggressed against,
then initiating a second act of aggression against the aggressor is not "self-defense."
You're no longer defending yourself,
you're on the offense;
you're taking vengeance.
You're not preventing violence, you're adding to the world's violence.
- The myth of personal self-defense
- The myth of "National Defense"
- Reconciliation through repentance, Not Vengeance or "punishment"
- Goal + Process = repentance and reconciliation
- Competing Free Market Institutions of Systematic, Reconciliation and Restitution
- Free Market Dispute Resolution Agencies
- Do not return evil for evil; overcome evil with good (Romans 12; more)
Do not return force for force, but return incentives to reconcile for force.
- Archists (in their hearts) will pretend to not be archists (in society).
- Private Property - Individualism, not collectivism
- No compulsory redistribution of wealth.
- not socialism
- not fascism
- not crony capitalism
- not democracy
- The "Vine & Fig Tree" society, not the New World Order
- List of ways politicians steal private property
- The rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are also threatened by archists.
- Unregulated private action - the exercise of divine callings using private property -- increases mankind's standard of living more than archists.
- Order, not chaos/disorder
- "Let all things be done decently and in order"
- throughout society, not just in your home or church
- Liberty is the mother of order; archism is the father of chaos.
- America's Founding Fathers would say America today is chaotic and disordered, even though we have archists which are a thousand times more numerous and more powerful than the "swarms" of archists who plagued America in 1776.
- Archists are the greatest source of disorder and instability in our world today. Examples:
- The Founders insisted that the primary purpose of public education was to teach religion and morality, because order is maintained by religion and morality, not by archism.
- Archists in Washington D.C. have prohibited local public schools from teaching students that the Declaration of Independence is really true
- Archists are at war with "our holy religion" and with Christian morality
- International Relations:
- Archists destabilize and overthrow competing archists on a far greater scale than so-called "anarchists."
- The government of Iran was overthrown in 1953 by U.S. and British Intelligence, which led to the Iranian Revolution, then U.S. support for Saddam Hussein in his war with Iran..
- The International Islamic Jihad from Afghanistan to Kosovo to the U.S. was created with American dollars beginning before the Carter Administration to destabilize and overthrow the Soviet Union, including the building of Mosques throughout Eurasia and printing of Korans with Wahabbi notes. "America Made Islam"
- The CIA in Indonesia, 1965-1967
- CIA destabilizes Guatemalan government Guatemala in 1954, and other governments in Latin America
- Would Jesus Celebrate Archist Warmakers' Day?
- God's Law, not Man's LawWe have been trained to think of "anarchy" as a situation where every man is his own god. But if Jesus is Lord, then we ought to obey His command not to be "archists." A world without archists is a world of peace, cooperation, harmony, and Free Markets, with everyone dwelling safely under his own "Vine & Fig Tree."
It is not enough to say, with Jesus (Mark 10:42-45), that we should not be "archists." Jesus does more than prohibit us from being like the Gentile kings. He gives us a positive command as well. In the passage where He tells us not to be archists, He commands us to be "servants." The command to be "servants" is the well-spring of social order, not "the government."
Many who hear a proposal to eliminate zillions of "government programs" are rightfully and properly shocked, because they have been trained to feel this is a disregard of important social duties, such as education, care of the poor and elderly, and checking crime. Our criticism of the State is not a disregard of these or any other "civil" functions, but a belief that the State is creating disorder in each area where it intervenes in an attempt to create or maintain these civil functions.
Our goal is to encourage greater personal responsibility for the functions of "civil government" and ensure that these functions are carried out efficiently and humanely.
Social order is neither created nor maintained by the coercive apparatus of "organized government." Social order is not the result of threats and negative sanctions. Social order begins in the Family. Social order never leaves the home to take up residence on Capitol Hill. Decentralized social order beginning at home creates, nurtures, and permeates society, and expands spontaneously. Washington D.C. is a force for disorder.
- Abraham our Model
- "Civil Government" begins at home; "Patriarchy," not Politics
- Who Counts the Most Important Things of All?
- Not Washington, D.C.
- Trusting God rather than the State
- "Vengeance is Mine," saith the LORD; so is social order
- How Should We Then Live?
- Long-forgotten paths which generate social order
- Voluntary Associations
- A more potent source for social order than coerced action
- Gary North on "social overhead capital"
- Significant expenses not always found on the ledger books
- America's Founding Fathers recognized this
- Statism: The Idolatry of our Age
- Religion and Morality, not government agencies
- The Founders' vision for America
- Obedience in Life
- pleases God more than Ritual and Sacrifices in Church
- Virtue in a State-free society
- Morality, not coercion, creates social order
- Morality in a Church-free society
- Education must be religious
- Ordinary is OK
- In an Extraordinary way
• required by law
• paid salaries with taxpayers' dollars
The world would be a better place without archists.
If mankind would make a collective self-conscious rejection of murder and theft, even (especially) murder and theft committed by "the government," repudiate the claims of moral legitimacy made by archists, and cultivate the heart of a “servant” as commanded by Jesus,
For more on our year-long program, under construction, see: George Washington Coaching or SamAdamsCoaching.com.
We'll have this program ready by the time you finish this 95-day program.
|• Kevin Craig is the Founder of Vine & Fig Tree,
a tax-exempt non-profit educational organization dedicated to
accelerating the fulfillment of the Vine & Fig Tree vision of the Old Testament Prophet Micah.
• He runs for U.S. Congress under the theme "Liberty Under God" to get this vision before the public.
• Personal coaching is a revenue-generator.
|Micah's Prophecy (Micah 4:1-7)
click for audio
|1||And it will come about in the last days
[For the LORD of hosts has spoken.]
That the mountain of the House of the LORD
Will be established as the chief of the mountains
And it will be raised above the hills
V&FT "impossible even for God."
No. Vine & Fig Tree
|2||And the peoples will stream to it.
And many nations will come and say,
"Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD
And to the House of the God of Jacob,
||Conversion of the Gentiles
One has caught our attention: jihadism
blow-up vs. convert
|Peace is possible
Peace is inevitable
|3||That He may teach us about His ways
And that we may walk in His paths."
For from Zion will go forth the Law
Even the Word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
And He will judge between many peoples
And render decisions for mighty, distant nations.
||• The God who gave you life deserves your respect
• Every Word this God speaks deserves your attention/obedience
• Bible is not just for "private" religion, "down in your heart"
• Also for public policy
• Textbook for every area
|When Americans learned the Bible in public schools,
America most prosperous, admired nation on earth
Now U.S. exports weapons/pornography
"judgmental" vs. Hitler
|4||[And each of them will sit under his
Vine and under his fig tree,]
|Male + Female
Father + mother
Family = "undemocratic"
|When families are functional, the State is unnecessary;
Archism is suppressed
|5||Then they will hammer their
swords into plowshares
And their spears into pruning hooks;
Nation will not lift up sword against nation
And never again will they train for war.
|6||And each of them will sit under his
Vine and under his Fig Tree,
With no one to make them afraid.
For the LORD of hosts has spoken.
|Agrarianism vs. technology||Garden of Eden / City of God
Wilderness vs. Garden
|7||Though all the peoples walk
Each in the name of his god,
As for us, we will walk
In the Name of the LORD our God
forever and ever.
In that day, saith the LORD,
will I assemble her that halteth,
and I will gather her that is driven out,
and her that I have afflicted;
And I will make her that halted a remnant,
and her that was cast far off a strong nation:
and the LORD shall reign over them in mount Zion
from henceforth, even for ever.
||social darwinism||works of mercy vs. focus on "winners," celebrities, power-brokers|
|"Iron Sharpens Iron"||
Bereans, search scriptures
"I'll have to think about this"
"This is what I've always been looking for"
So here's how to become a Christian Anarchist:
The last two will cost you.
Our next semester begins on September 21.
Our program is divided into two parts: (1) A 95-Day Orientation Program; (2) The Full One-Year Daily Program.
Everything you need to become a Christian Anarchist is available free on this webpage. If you want a guided drip-feed program, with coaching and community, we request a tax-deductible donation to our sponsoring organization, Vine & Fig Tree.
We suggest a tax-deductible donation of one dollar per day to participate in the 95-day Orientation Program. A donation of any size will qualify you for enrollment in the Orientation Program.
The suggested donation for the One-Year program will be determined by the number enrolled.
If you can't afford any donation, please tell us that, and we'll send details on how to apply for a scholarship.
Right now, please tell us how much you're willing to donate to get started with the 95-Day Orientation. We will get back to you with details on getting started. No Credit Card necessary right now. No obligation.
If you sign up, you'll get
This introductory coaching program lasts 95 days.
Because we'll be reading Martin Luther's 95 Theses. Not because they are infallible (in fact, we disagree with "Justification by Mere Belief"), but because they were a landmark in the history of western civilization, and because of the historical association of the Bible, the Protestant Reformation, and public schools. We'll read one a day.
Then we'll read one of Vine & Fig Tree's presumptuous 95 Theses on Anarchism.
Then we'll talk about one character trait of a Christian anarchist.
Then we'll read from an anarchist book which shows how the pacifist teachings of Christ can become a public policy blueprint for a harmonious anarchist society.
Free? Obviously, you can read these books yourself, by yourself, for yourself, for free, and even take advantage of all the links on this website. Go for it.
We offer community and accountability. Your tax-deductible investment creates commitment. By making a tax-deductible donation to Vine & Fig Tree, you make an investment in your own progress. You've got some "skin in the game."
By joining a community of like-minded people, you'll be reminded of your commitment and you'll be held accountable.
Of course, you can make a tax-deductible donation to Vine & Fig Tree independent of your participation in this program. Use the form below.
Or mail your check to
In Oct. 2008 my mother was hit by a crippling case of pneumonia and other problems which left her 80% mentally and physically disabled. In Feb 2012 our home was destroyed by a tornado. She was airlifted to a regional hospital and returned to me on a feeding tube.
repeat above, 24/7
Run a profitable business in remaining time.
Thanks for letting me whine!
I have written over 2,000 web pages for Vine & Fig Tree and have never been paid a penny. In fact, V&FT has been largely personally funded. Because of the tornado, I can no longer fund V&FT. That's why I'm trying to broaden the donor base with this home-study program.
Vine & Fig Tree Tornado Crisis Fund
Your donation is urgently needed!On February 29, 2012, a tornado tore through Powersite, Missouri causing devastating damage.
The home of Kevin Craig was destroyed. And as half of that house served as the offices of Vine & Fig Tree, Inc., the home of Vine & Fig Tree was lost, too.
Kevin’s mother, Marybeth, age 86, suffered a serious head injury when the ceiling collapsed on her. She has not recovered well. The injury accelerated dementia and her frail body is now sustained by a feeding tube. Kevin is her 24-hour a day caregiver, with scheduled (and unscheduled) duties every 2 hours, interrupting sleep and all charitable fundraising efforts to continue the Vine & Fig Tree ministry.Now, nearly one year after the tornado, the reconstruction of the Powersite home and V&FT offices are nearing completion, but not yet finished. Progress has been made as quickly as possible. But, in a widespread disaster area, resources are limited and demand is high even for things like heavy equipment and dumpsters. So, demolition and debris removal took three months before actual reconstruction could commence.
Insurance provided for temporary housing expenses for one year. The year has elapsed. The Craigs and Vine & Fig Tree, Inc. do not have the financial means to pay for everything. Rent, the mortgage on the property under construction, the additional medical expenses for Marybeth's care . . . even with homeowner's and health insurance, the costs of tornado damages and injuries are very overwhelming.The disaster may prove an opportunity: The home is being rebuilt as a duplex which can be leased or sold as an income producing property for the benefit of the Craigs and V&FT, IF AND WHEN IT IS FINISHED.
This opportunity may yet turn into tragedy: The Craigs must keep the mortgage paid or risk losing the newly rebuilt property to foreclosure. Temporary housing rent and utilities must be paid for the Craigs to have a place to live until their home is ready for lease or sale. Marybeth will continue to need medical care, skilled nursing, bathing assistance, medicines, diapers and many other costs that insurance does not cover. Insurance payments are delayed in the backlog of claims paperwork that the carrier is handling in the wake of Hurricane Sandy on the East Coast. Dozens of telephone calls, emails and letters seem to fall on deaf ears.
Kevin was thinking he and his mother could live in the former home of Marybeth's parents, until we received an email from a cousin:
I do not think you have any idea that the ranch house is uninhabitable. Two summers ago, I took showers either in town or at the park. The shower flows at a trickle and drains even slower. The toilet is suspect and to live there would mean a new septic system. The pipes to the clothes washer will not work. The roof leaks in many places. The rats have many homes inside including the beds. Finally, right now we are paying over 100 $ a month just to keep the temperature at 35 degrees. You would be better to rent something than to try to pay a heating or cooling bill at that house. Last summer I did not spend any nights at the ranch house, and of course we have not repaired anything in two summers. To drag your mother and brother to that pit is a sin.That's why were asking for your help during this time of urgent need. Your generous and tax-deductible donations to Vine & Fig Tree, Inc. will be used to help real people in real distress in the wake of a real disaster. And, Lord willing, the ministry of Vine & Fig Tree will live on -- when Kevin is no longer needed as 24-hour caregiver for his Mom and she has a new home in heaven.
Please mail your donation check to:
Vine & Fig Tree, Inc.
Alternatively, you can use Paypal to safely transfer funds.
Thank you for your understanding and generosity.
Your prayers will be enormously appreciated.